- This agreement is between you and Ozan Limited (“we/us”).
- Under this agreement we’ll give you an Ozan e-money account, which you can use to make payments to online merchants or other Ozan e-money account holders and store a balance (including any payments that you receive). You may be asked to accept additional terms if you use other services from Ozan.
- You can view account information, including previous payments, and instruct us to make new payments
the Ozan website or mobile app; or
a third-party provider (“TPP”) you’ve allowed to act on your behalf (e.g. the provider of an account dashboard that allows you to see information about your different accounts in one place) so long as they’re permitted by law to provide those services to you. For more information about the sorts of services TPPs might provide and whether they’re permitted to provide them, see our FAQs.
- If you decide to give your Ozan username and password to a TPP to allow them access to your e-money account, they’ll be able to see and do anything you can on your e-money account. If, however, we have a good reason not to give such TPP access, we will (unless unlawful or we reasonably think it would compromise our security) tell you as soon as we can.
- For information about the fees we’ll charge you under this agreement, please see the fee schedule.
- Your e-money account is for personal use only.
- You must use a valid payment method to pay us to issue e-money into your e-money account. The
payment methods you can use to pay us for e-money are:
1. bank transfer; or
2. a debit or credit card.
- We may from time to time also allow you to use other payment methods. See the fee schedule for the full list of payment methods which are currently available in your country.
- In certain circumstances, we may need to carry out checks in relation to you, such as checking your
identity, to help us meet our legal obligations.
1. We may need to do those checks before or after you can use your e-money account or we send you a refund.
2. We may require you to provide us with information if we reasonably need it in order to complete our checks.
- Please print or save a copy of this agreement for your records.
How can you make a payment or transfer?
- You can make a payment or transfer to a merchant or another Ozan e-money account holder from your e-money account by logging in to the Ozan online portal or mobile app with your username/mobile number and password, and confirm payment by clicking “pay” or “transfer” once have logged in. You can also ask us to make a payment from your e-money account through a TPP which you’ve allowed to act on your behalf, so long as the TPP is permitted by law to do so. For more information see our FAQs.
- We’ll then immediately send your payment to the recipient’s (i.e. a merchant’s or other Ozan user’s) e-money account, which means you won’t be able to cancel a payment or withdraw your consent to make a payment after you’ve told us to send it.
- If the recipient’s e-money account is in a different currency to your e-money account, then we shall convert the amount of the payment you wish to make into the appropriate currency prior to sending the money to the recipient’s e-money account. In this event, we will apply our standard exchange rate and applicable charges for such exchange and inform you of them prior to confirming the payment.
- For details about the exchange rates we use for foreign exchange transfers at any given time please see our fee schedule.
- You can also receive transfers (in the currency of your e-money account) from other Ozan e-money accounts. We will credit them to your e-money account immediately after they are sent.
- If you do not have a sufficient balance in your e-money account to make a payment, you can top-up your balance using a bank transfer or a debit or credit card.
What must you do to keep your account safe?
- You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Ozan password secret (except that you can give your Ozan username and password to a TPP which is permitted by law to access your e‑money account) in order to prevent unauthorised use of your Ozan e-money account.
- If you think someone else (other than such a TPP) knows your password, you must change it as soon as you reasonably can.
- You must tell us as soon as you can if you think someone may be using your e-money account without your permission.
- You must only use your e-money account in accordance with these terms.
What restrictions might there be on payment transactions?
- You agree that we may apply limits to the amount you are able to spend and send through Ozan, and we’ll tell you if we do so. For example, we may apply limits if you ask us to or if we reasonably think it would help manage the risk of fraud in a proportionate way.
Stopping a transaction
- Once you’ve instructed us to make a payment from your e-money account, we’ll send the
money unless we reasonably think:
the transaction would put you over any transaction limit we introduce;
the transaction would break this agreement;
someone else is trying to make the transaction without your permission; or
you may be acting illegally or it would be against the law for us allow the transaction.
- Where permitted by law, we will notify you if we’ve stopped a transaction and, if possible, provide our reasons for doing so and anything you can do to correct any errors leading to the stoppage.
Suspending use of your e-money account
- We may suspend use of your Ozan e-money account if we reasonably believe that:
someone else may be trying to use it without your permission; or we have to by law.
If we can we’ll tell you before the suspension (along with our reasons for the suspension) otherwise we’ll tell you immediately after. However, we won’t tell you if doing so would break the law or compromise our reasonable security measures.
- We’ll stop any suspension as soon as we can after the reason for the suspension has ended.
How should we communicate with each other?
- If you wish to contact us, you can do so by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will communicate with you in English, and we may contact you at the email address associated with your Ozan account or the mobile number you used to register your account. If we have to contact you because of a suspected or actual fraud or security threat we’ll do it by calling your mobile number.
Do you have to pay any fees?
- We charge certain fees under this agreement. For full details, please see our fee schedule.
- Please also bear in mind that others might impose taxes or costs on you. For example, when you use your card to pay us for a balance top-up, your card provider may charge you a fee for doing so (you can normally find out from your agreement with the provider whether that’s the case).
When and how might you get a refund?
- You can ask us to refund a transaction that someone has made from your e-money account without your permission, so long as you’ve told us (please do so via email) about the problem within thirteen months of it happening.
- However, we may refuse your request for the refund if we can demonstrate that:
you have acted fraudulently; or
the payment was not to pay for a purchase at a distance (e.g. online) and you had intentionally or with gross negligence not taken all reasonable steps to keep your Ozan password secret (other than from a TPP which you've allowed to act on your behalf, so long as the TPP is permitted by law to do so) and the payment took place before you told us you thought someone was misusing your account.
- You can also ask us to refund a transaction if we fail to send a payment on time to the right recipient and for the right amount, so long as you’ve told us (again, via email please) about the problem within thirteen months of it happening.
- However, we may refuse your request for the refund if we can show that there was a mistake in the recipient’s account details which you gave us. (However, if there was a mistake in the account details which you gave us, we’ll still make a reasonable effort to recover the money. If we’re unable to do so, you can make a written request for us to provide you with all the information available to us which is relevant to you in order for you to file a legal claim to recover the money.)
- In any event, if you ask us to, we’ll make efforts to trace any payment transactions which have not been made (or not been made properly) and notify you of the outcome.
- In addition to your rights above, we’ll refund a transaction if the law requires us to.
- If you have an e-money balance in your e-money account that you haven’t spent, and that you don’t wish to spend, you can cancel some or all of the balance and we’ll send a refund to the preferred payment method associated with your account or such other account as we may agree with you.
- We will not be responsible to you for any loss or costs which you may incur as a result of us
breaking this agreement due to:
abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances outside our reasonable control which would have been unavoidable despite all efforts to the contrary, which may, for example, include delays or failures caused by problems with another system or network, mechanical breakdown or data-processing failures; or
us meeting our obligations under European Union or English law.
How might we change this agreement?
- We can make a change to this agreement for any of the following reasons (with any change being a
reasonable and proportionate response to a change that is affecting us or that we reasonably think
will affect us):
because of a change in legal or regulatory requirements, for example we may have to change our requirements for keeping your e-money account safe to meet new, higher standards set by law;
if the change benefits you, for example when introducing new products or services or improving existing ones;
to reflect a change in our costs of running your e-money account or providing you with related services, for example by introducing an account or transaction fee;
in response to possible risks to the security of your e-money account, for example by changing the security steps you need to follow to access your e-money account or make a payment from it; or
to respond to any other change that affects us, if it's fair to pass on the effects of the change to you, for example to reflect developments in digital payments.
- We may make reasonable and proportionate changes for any other reason we cannot foresee, for example to respond to changes in our industry that affect how we wish to deliver our services to you.
- We’ll tell you about a change to this agreement at least two months before it takes effect. You can tell us you object to the change before it takes effect, but this will end the agreement. If you do not object to the change we will take that as your acceptance of the change.
How can you or we end this agreement?
- This agreement will continue until you or we end it.
- You can end this agreement at any time free of charge. We ask you to do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
- We can end this agreement, including closing your e-money account, at any time, by telling you at least two months before doing so.
- We can also end this agreement and close your Ozan e-money account more quickly if:
we reasonably believe you are using your e-money account fraudulently or illegally; or
we have to do so by law.
We will tell you that we’re doing this as soon as we can if the law allows us to.
- If this agreement ends it will not affect any transactions you’ve already asked us to make.
- Each month, we’ll send a statement to the email address associated with your Ozan account, setting out details about the transactions you’ve made from your Ozan e-money account (unless more than a month has passed since we last sent you a statement and there have not been any payments to or from your Ozan account since).
- You can ask us to send you a copy of these terms as they apply from time to time or you can get a copy of them from our website.
- These terms make up the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your e-money account.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found not to be effective by a court or regulator, the rest of it shall continue to apply.
- We may choose not to enforce our rights against you and make this contractually binding against us by giving you a notice which expressly states that we have chosen to do so. In all other cases, if we choose not to exercise rights against you, we can still do so later.
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this agreement.
- This agreement shall be concluded and interpreted in the English language. If this agreement is translated into another language, it is for reference purposes only. All communications between the parties shall be in the English language.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any claim or dispute under these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
What to do if you have a complaint
- If you have a complaint related to your e-money account, firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will do our best to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and send you a final response by email within 15 days of receiving the complaint. If, in exceptional circumstances, for reasons beyond our control, we need more time to respond, we’ll send you a holding reply within 15 days of receiving your complaint to let you know when you will receive our final response (which will be no later than 35 days from the date on which we first received your complaint).
- If you do not receive our final response on time or you are unhappy with our final response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, details of which are available at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm. You can also call them on 0800 023 4567 or tell them about a complaint online (via https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help). Please note: the ombudsman may not consider a complaint if you have not provided us with the opportunity to resolve it previously.
- Alternatively, you may be able to submit your complaint via the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution platform, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Information about us
Ozan Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company no. 09561722) whose registered and head office at 9th Floor,, The Shard, London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG, UK.
Ozan Limited is authorised as an electronic money institution by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations (with firm reference number 900482). To find out more, see the Financial Services Register: or call the FCA on 0800 111 6768.